Which plugins set do you recommend me?

xXF3RcHoXx

Which plugins set do you recommend me?

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

So I want to stop using entity 1.3.9 and jump to 2.1.24, so I downloaded it, and selected bsp tag and boom plugin-related errors everywhere, so I want to skip the frustrating part and use nice plugins so what set do you guys recommend me?

thx
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Which plugins set do you recommend me?

Post by XZodia »

Well you only really have 3 options...

Mine:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=443

Jacksons:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2347

Grims:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1417
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I have my main set, which is a bit of modified & mixed plugins:
MyMainPlugins.rar
(190.82 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
As well as xZodia, Grim & Jackson's plugins. Just put them all in their own directory and use the plugin set editor to allow quick switching between them. In the past I will open up two ME+ tabs, one with one plugin and one with another for quick & easy comparing. Just select the first plugin, open up a tag, select another plugin and double-click the tag again to open a duplicate tab. If I had kept on updating Entity, I probably would have made the tabs display which plugin they were opened with, but it works.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I recommend xzodias and mine. I use mine a lot but sometimes you get things that didn't convert right so I use xzodias in those cases.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Thank you guys, I'll follow troy's advice and have all of them in separate folders to switch between them :3
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I recommend having a set of plugins that are modified for meta sharing. This means an entire reflexive is replaced with an offset and a chunk count, so you can easily allow tags of the same type to share data. These are the ones I have used most:
- effe: attachments ( for making an effect spawn something)
- effe: accelerations (for making an effect move an object, particularly the master chief for jet pack, or a vehicle for boost)
- jmad: attachments (for making an animation spawn something, including a sound or light)
- hlmt: attachments (share the warthog turret attachment, then change it to something else and switch the marker)

Troy's Entity is extremely helpful in allowing you to rapidly switch plugins.

I can describe the meta sharing technique in more detail if you need help. Demonic posted a video ages ago, and it's probably gone.