Cafe...no other spot. Dilemmas.

DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Are you really making mods right now? Why is it that you are put in the Active position if you "want" to say you mod, but really don't. Just something to think about and not directed toward anybody particular.

I also feel that there should only be a select few Staff members here. For example, Grim and Anubis. They don't provoke and seem "stable". :o

Then, everyone else who joins these forums realize that not only the popular kids are Staff. I find that a big influence when I join forums. It is the socially stable, mature, and responsible REMNANT members who deserve Staff rights here, IMO.

Please keep this a clean thread...Flamers get banned.

Oh...and it's not like I want to be Staff. It's just some of my personal thoughts.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

We don't ban people here... we warn them; then we have fun with their posting privileges :roll: XD

What is the purpose of this thread DoorM4n?
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I do mod. I'm releasing a mod tomorrow if I can get pictures. (Don't expect it to be amazing)

Your next comment is much appreciated, but not really meaningful, seeing as Grimdoomer and I are the only true, single-purposed moderators. By single-purposed, I mean that we aren't part of another group, such as Maintenance.

xzodia (Maintenance)
Grimdoomer
Argon [Administrator (DarkShallFall)]
Aumaan Anubis
JacksonCougar Mod [Administrator (JacksonCougar)]
Supermodder911 (Maintenance)
~Supermodder911

The other ones are just members that are in other groups, but received Moderator positions as a benefit.

@Jackson
DoorM4n wrote:It's just some of my personal thoughts
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Carry on then :p

The fact is that the ranks right now are assigned based on your expected role.

There are some accounts that are there for testing purposes; JacksonCougarMod is one of them.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

JacksonCougar wrote: What is the purpose of this thread DoorM4n?
I have this unknown urge to post my thoughts about this. I don't know why dude. I had to reveal a few thoughts I had. I completely understand that I have no affect on your decisions and so this thread may seem pointless to you. To me, this thread is just a heads up to everyone on my perspective.

I found it interesting that I labeled Grim and Anubis as the only Staff members I felt that full-filled the position as Staff. I randomly selected the people I trusted the most and somehow they are already in a "Select" group. Those guys give off a good vibe. Legit pros if you ask me.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

DoorM4n wrote:I randomly selected the people I trusted the most and somehow they are already in a "Select" group. Those guys give off a good vibe. Legit pros if you ask me.
:D

And supermodder, I didn't include you in my post because I was posting the members of the Global Moderators group.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Well this is the Cafe, and except for the few "I have been banned" topics it has been on-topic.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Well i have my french modding website/forum and i am very responsable as when i play the moderator/admin role, however that's not something i like to do at all, i just do for my website because i wanted to keep the french modding community alive.

And i wouldn't like to be moderator because it's cool to be itself and not having to play the "father"(adult, mature etc) role everytime i am on a forum.
Rockymods

Post by Rockymods »

The problem I have had with modding recently is that things seem to not go right a little to much... Then I can't even use prophet on my modding computer so bsp deals are out of the question, it limits me alot. I trying to work on the weapons for halo 2.5 and have had basically a finished map for quite some time but it's that last model with the needed double shader... Makes me angry :evil: