Linking jmads

CaptainPoopface

Linking jmads

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I would like to make it so that pushing B to melee causes a sequence of animations, namely, melee followed by jump followed by shoot. Is there a way to embed or link one jmad in another? If possible, I would like to also maintain the ability to just jump without also shooting, so melee-jump-shoot automatically happens but jump-shoot does not automatically happen.

I already asked the jmad master (Demonic) but could not make much sense of the answer.
XZodia
Staff

Re: Linking jmads

Post by XZodia »

Im no expert but i imagine you would need to chain the animations together somehow...
Unfortunately, this would mean that jump-shoot would occur and I see no way around that.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I don't know much on animations, but wouldn't it be possible to replace the melee animation with a combination of the three animations (as opposed to linking them)?
Just take the animation codes for all three, combine the code and inject it over the melee animation.
Of course that would just be the animation part of it. You would still have to do the actual shoot part I believe.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Combining the code is probably beyond my ability, although I like how that would preserve ordinary jumping. Jmads are mysterious and complex to me, and I have to budget my mod time carefully. I was thinking about how certain animations or animation conditions are linked in a sequence and hoping I could exploit that. For example, when you fire your last round in the clip of the shotgun, the reload automatically happens. If you interrupt a long reload animation (such as that of the rocket launcher) by throwing a grenade, the reload animation repeats once the grenade animation finishes. How/where are these conditions linked?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I expect thats part of the game's code, rather than being related to the data.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.